- All surfaces have been 100% visually inspected. The surface condition complies with API 5L standards.
- External surface of pipe shall be coated with a layer of varnish.
All pipes will be ultrasonic tested on pipe body and pipe end as per API 5L standards:
- longitudinal: 100% of the pipe surface
- pipe ends not scanned by automatic ultrasonic system shall be inspected by manual UT or Magnetic Particle Examination.
Certification and traceability
All dimensions will be supplied with a 3.2 certificate according to EN 10204, endorsed by recognized and independent inspection agency. Marking shall be in SI units (X42) accordance with API requirements & mill standard.
All dimensions will be supplied according to API 5L clause 9.11; In addition, the following tolerances apply:
- Pipe body: +/- 0,75%
- Pipe end: +/- 0,5%
- Wall thickness: +15%, -12,5%
- Length: -0 / +100mm
Pipe Ends are bevelled. End angle shall be 30°- 0°/+5°, root face shall be 1.6mm +/- 0.8mm and fitted with bevel protectors.
Pipes are varnished on the outside.
Read More About API Pipes